Proper care is essential to protect the value of your investment. The following are general guidelines when caring for your new floor. Please refer to the manufacturer for specific care instructions.
- Routine dusting is the best method of cleaning.
- Never use a wet mop! Only a professional wood cleaning product should be used. Do not use ammonia or other floor cleaning products as they can damage the floors finish.
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible and keep damp items off of the floor.
- When vacuuming wood floors be sure to have a soft brush attachment, this will prevent scratches from appearing.
- Prolonged sunlight exposure can cause fading. Window coverings can assist in preventing sun-faded floors.
- Place protector pads on furniture legs, especially on chairs that are used often and tend to move around.