Since 1989, our mission at California Carpet has been to be the Bay Area's leading floor covering retailer by providing more of what you, our customers, are looking for. That begins with selection, service and price - but it doesn't end there. It has to include trust, and we have worked hard over the years to earn yours.
We carry a number of eco-friendly products and also work hard with all of our suppliers to make sure that they are using environmentally sound practices in the manufacturing of their carpet, rugs and hard surface flooring. We are proud to say that almost every vendor is actively working to improve their carbon footprint. Additionally, California Carpet now recycles every bit of the carpet we remove from your home when we install new carpet. From pads, to fibers, it all gets recycled and processed for reuse. Our partnership with Borgata Recycling allows us to deliver this benefit to the planet and our customers.
- 1. How long has California Carpet been in business?
2. Does the company have a contractor license?
3. Does the company sub-contract it's installation work to an outside firm, or handle it in-house?
4. Does California Carpet carry insurance?
5. Can you describe the warranty for products California Carpet carries?
6. Is California Carpet affiliated with any other organizations?
7. Does California Carpet participate in any Green practices?
8. What if I need some work done for a custom job? What if I have special installation requirements?
9. How long does it take to get my carpet or floor, once I place my order?
10. How do I know what kind of rug pad to get?
11. What carpet brands do you carry?
12. What rug brands do you carry?
13. What hard-flooring surfaces do you carry?
14. What is the Design Studio?
15. What cities does California Carpet serve?
- 1. How long has California Carpet been in business? California Carpet has been in business for over twenty-four years supplying and installing carpet, resilient flooring, hardwood flooring, eco-friendly flooring and rugs to the community.
- 2. Does the company have a contractor license? Yes, we actively maintain a Contractor's License Number 918507 in the name of Peninsula Installations, LP, our dedicated installation team.
- 3. Does the company sub-contract it's installation work to an outside firm, or handle it in-house? We choose to make our installers employees because we found we are much better able to ensure quality standards when we are all part of the same company.
- 4. Does California Carpet carry insurance? Absolutely, one of the most important things a business can do is carry insurance to protect itself and more importantly, it's customers. We hold general liability and worker's comp policies to cover both residential and commercial projects. It is also what gives customers great comfort in working with us, versus the fly-by night outfits that have no means of covering an on-the job accident.
- 5. Can you describe the warranty for products California Carpet carries? Each carpet or hard-flooring manufacturer has it's own warranty to cover the performance of their products. In addition to this, California Carpet guarantees the installation is done properly for two full years.
- 6. Is California Carpet affiliated with any other organizations? We are active members of several organizations including the BBB (Better Business Bureaus), ASID, (American Organization of Interior Design), and BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association)
- 7. Does California Carpet participate in any Green practices? Yes, California Carpet actively seeks out manufacturers that practice energy efficiency in their plants and that use post-consumer products as much as possible. Additionally, we recycle any carpet that we remove from a home or job, before installing new carpet. We support and carry a number of hard-flooring products approved by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC-certified) including bamboo, cork, engineered wood and any other eco-friendly product we can find that meets our quality standards.
- 8. What if I need some work done for a custom job? What if I have special installation requirements? At California Carpet we consider our installers true craftsmen. The work they do is amazingly detailed and they hold themselves to very high standards. Additionally, we have an in-house workroom adjacent to each of our showrooms so that we can handle specific work that may need to be done in advance of installation. Custom matches from stairways to entry halls and more, are just part of the many ways we deliver superb installation work that is unparalleled by anyone on in the business.
- 9. How long does it take to get my carpet or floor, once I place my order? For carpet that we have in stock, we can typically install in a matter of days. For special order material, we can typically install the material within two weeks.
- 10. How do I know what kind of rug pad to get? Our experienced sales staff will inform you on the pad appropriate for your carpet choice. We carry a full line of padding that can accommodate any budget and product.
- 11. What carpet brands do you carry?
- Ralph Lauren
- Karastan Contract
- Mohawk Commercial
- Mohawk Home and Office
- Masland Contract
- J & J Commercial
- Shaw Queen
- Shaw Philadelphia
- Glen Eden
- Carter International
- Design Materials
- J Mish
- So Ho
- Prestige Mills
- Louis De Poortere
- MID by Van Dijk
- Glen Eden
- 12. What rug brands do you carry?
- Calvin Klein
- Oriental Weavers
- Devos Inc
- LR Resources
- Concord Global
- Royal Intercontinental
- Atlantic Rugs
- 13. What hard-flooring surfaces do you carry?
- Bruce Hardwood Floors
- Johnson Premium Hardwoods Floors
- Eco Timer
- Capella Wood Floors
- Natures Beauty
- UPO Floors
- Tarket Flooring
- Trueloc Flooring
- LM Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
- Ionique Ionized Polymeric Flooring
- Wilsonart Flooring
- Wicanders Cork
- Expanko Cork
- Engineered Wood and Laminate Flooring
- 14. What is the Design Studio?The Design Studio at California Carpet provides a special experience for those looking for yet another level of service. With a deep knowledge of carpeting and rugs, our designers work hand in hand with you or your designer to find a solution that meets your high esthetic standards for luxury in flooring. The studio offers a selection of the most exclusive collection of rugs and carpeting.
- 15. What cities does California Carpet serve?California Carpet serves San Francisco, Mill Valley, Sausalito and Tiburon. South of San Francisco, California Carpet serves the entire peninsula including Palo Alto, Los Altos, Menlo Park, Burlingame and Redwood City.
We have stores in San Francisco and San Carlos.