California Carpet is committed to your satisfaction. Your 2-year Installation warranty is our guarantee that we stand behind our service. The warranty applies only to flooring installed by a certified California Carpet Installer. If at anytime you should encounter a problem with your new flooring please contact your salesperson, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each manufacturer has specific terms and conditions. Please refer to the links on the right of this page to direct you to the appropriate site.
For issues regarding your Satinmaster or Wear-Dated products please contact the following:
Stainmaster - 1(800) 438-7668 (view warranty)
Wear-Dated - 1(800) 367-9598 (view warranty)
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW FLOOR
Proper care is essential to protect the value of your investment. The following are general guidelines when caring for your new floor. Please refer to the manufacturer for specific care instructions.
- Routine dusting is the best method of cleaning.
- Never use a wet mop! Only a professional wood cleaning product should be used. Do not use ammonia or other floor cleaning products as they can damage the floors finish.
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible and keep damp items off of the floor.
- When vacuuming wood floors be sure to have a soft brush attachment, this will prevent scratches from appearing.
- Prolonged sunlight exposure can cause fading. Window coverings can assist in preventing sun faded floors.
- Place protector pads on furniture legs, especially on chairs that are used often and tend to move around.
- Vacuuming is the best way to remove everyday dust and dirt. In the first year we recommend you vacuum at least twice a week to remove the excess fuzz that accumulates on the surface. The fuzzing is normal and in no way shortens the life of the rug. It is the result of loose fibers created during the weaving process.
- Remove spills immediately with a clean dry cloth, blot but do not rub. If a cleaning solution is necessary, only use a product specified for wool. Do not use "Oxy" cleaners, they should be avoided and can damage the wool fibers.
- Steam clean when necessary. This method is most effective when performed by a professional.
- Synthetic fibers are easy to keep clean, and they can handle high traffic and soiling well.
- Vacuum often to remove dust and dirt particles.
- Clean spills up immediately by using a clean dry cloth, blot and do not rub.
- Do not steam clean or wet-shampoo.
- Spills need immediate attention, blot excess moisture with a clean dry cloth.
- Vacuum frequently as dirt and dust can become trapped in the fibers.
- Use entrance mats outside the entrances to trap soil before it can be tracked into your home.
- Sweep floors regularly to keep abrasive soil off the surface.
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately to avoid staining.
- Vacuum regularly with a soft brush attachment to avoid scratching.
- Warm water alone can clean a vinyl floor. If you choose to use a cleanser make sure it is recommended for your specific flooring.
- Dry clean only.
DON'T DO IT YOURSELF
- Do-it-yourself rug shampooers or "steam" cleaning machines usually do more harm than good. First, they leave most of the dirt and residue behind. Secondly, the machine leaves detergent residue in addition to the soil that was already there. Do-it-yourself "steam" cleaning machines can cause serious and permanent damage from over wetting.